At Acadia Women's Health, we generally use Botox® as a non- surgical treatment for wrinkles. (It has been used for over 15 years to treat a variety of medical conditions.) On April 15, 2002, the FDA approved BOTOX® as a temporary aesthetic treatment for moderate to severe frown lines in adults.
It is also commonly used as a preventative treatment to slow down the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. (Wrinkles are caused by your face making the same expressions, over and over again. Botox® limits those expressions to potentially prevent wrinkles.)
The safety and effectiveness profile of Botox® has been proven in more than 16 years of published research and described in 528 articles in peer-reviewed scientific and medical journals. Botox® has become the most widely researched and studied treatment of its kind.
Botox® blocks the nerve impulses of muscles that cause wrinkles, thereby giving the skin a smoother appearance. It can be used to:
• Treat wrinkles and creases of the forehead, crows feet, and frown lines.
• Elevate the brow area.
•"Flip" your lip upward and outward, giving your lip a fuller appearance.
1) When you come in for your initial consultation, we'll discuss your needs and work with you to determine the best treatment plan for you.
2) During your consultation, if you are concerned about pain, we can treat you with a numbing agent before the process begins. The treatment itself takes only a few minutes.
3) Botox® requires no initial downtime and doesn't have a "recovery period". (This means that you should be able to resume MOST of your normal activities after your procedure; we'll let you know what to avoid.)
4)Common side effects of Botox® include: Bruising, Redness, Minor Swelling & Numbness at the injection site.
5) The full results of your Botox® is generally visible 1 – 2 weeks after treatments.
5) Results usually last for roughly three months after treatment.
I have been seeing the amazing Dr. Owens for a few years now for Botox and Fillers and have been blown away every single time I've gone to Acadia Women's Health from the moment I arrive until the time I leave!